Saturday, June 23, 2012

Zita's birthday!

As of today, my girl is 3 months 2 weeks 4 days old. *Phew* What a hard time going through the previous weeks and more to come! Hopefully everything will be going smoothly in no time!

Okay, here's my share of birth story:

On the 5th March 2012, I woke up as usual for night trips to the toilet, and backed to sleep at about 1am. Not long after the sleep, I woke up with some cramp.

Since this is my first pregnancy, I have zero knowledge on labor pain. I continued with my sleep, waken up a few times due to the cramp until 4am, when I finally suspect it is the labor pain everybody talking about.

The cramp was 30 mins apart initially, went down to 20 mins by 5am, so I went for my bath, packed my luggage, ate some bread, and head to the hospital.

My scheduled appointment to the gynae was on the very day (for those who follow my blog will know that we need to wait in front of the clinic around 6.45am to get the front numbers), so we decided to wait and get our number before heading to the labor room for check up - in case it was a false labor pain.

By the time I get my number at the clinic, it was 8.30am, the cramp was 8 mins apart. Hubby and I went into the labor room, checked and being told that I was already 3cm dilated! Wow, so fast?

I was then changed into a green piece of hospital clothes in preparing for labor. After shaving, and "move my bowels", I walked to the nurse telling her I need "epidural for labor". She advised me not to take it as she claimed that my labor process won't be long. Well, I have great fear for labor pain so I insist to have it.

Then, I was directed to wait on the bed in the labor room, waiting for the anesthesiologist for the epidural. Before that, my gynae, Dr. Diva came in to burst my water bag to speed up the process. The nurse popped a needle in my hand for drips, and put 2 roundish device on my tummy - one is to monitor fetal heartbeat, one is to monitor my labor pain level.

Then, comes the anesthesiologist putting in the needle for epidural, that's a bit pain involved but I bet it's nothing compared to the real labor pain!

Then, the nurse changed the drips to induce the process of labor.

Meanwhile, hubby sat beside my bed, and me, of course in the bed, waiting...... My legs are getting heavy until "no feeling"!

1.45pm, the nurse announced that I was 10cm dilated! Due to the side effect of epidural, I was shivering not because of fear nor cold.

2pm, Dr Diva arrived. Then, push, push push, and vacuum.

2.17pm, Zita meets the world!

Oh, if you ask me how pain is labor, I will tell you, it's painless! But I'm feeling dizzy and vomiting until 6pm - when I insist the nurse to contact Dr Diva. Dr Diva came but he claimed that it is related to the epidural, thus I have to refer back to the anesthesiologist, and the anesthesiologist didn't make an appearance but had instruct the nurse to give me a shot to cure the dizziness. The dizziness didn't went off right away, but it is diminishing and was all gone when I woke up next morning.

As a conclusion, giving birth is not scary at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment