Thursday, November 24, 2011

Cord around the neck

To date, I'm 6 months 2 days pregnant.

On today's appointment to Dr. Diva's clinic, hubby and I reached hospital by 6.55am, thinking that we could probably get the first or second number. However, there were 3 preggies ahead of us! So we queued at number 4.

Even we got number 4, we waited until 11am for our turn - doctor came in a bit late today.

This time around my weight gained is ok - 1.5kg only. The gynae was pleased with it. Same goes with the protein level in my urine.

Then, we proceed to the ultrasound scanning. My gynae again showed us my baby's heartbeat which beats at 143bpm, and her hands and feet. And he switched to 4d scanning, showing my baby covering her face with her little hand. Thus, we can't get any photo! She moves a lot before going into doctor's room, but she didn't make any movements during the scan. Does she knows we are scanning on her?

Overall, the gynae was satisfy on everything except that the cord is still around my baby's neck as what we seen last appointment. He opened up a screen which shows the blood flow of the cord, and told us the cord is loose around the neck, not to worry. And he said may be the cord will be eased when the baby's head turn down in my later pregnancy.

Later, a nurse handed me a paper and teach me how to jot down my baby's daily movements. She said I have to be aware if baby doesn't make much movements. If the baby doesn't move for a day, I have to go straight to the delivery department for a check-up.

I didn't really feel worry about the cord around the neck at first, but after the teaching from nurse, I started to feel worried!

1 comment: